When we are talking about management, information technology consulting which is also called as IT consulting or computer consultancy, is typically known as a field of activity which focuses on advising organizations on how you can use information technology in order to obtain the objective of the business. The information technology consulting industry is generally viewed as a 4 tier system, and here they are:
– Professional services firms that have managed to maintain very big professional work forces and ones who are able to command high bill rates.
– Staffing firms that place technologists with some businesses on a more temporary basis and typically in response to some employee absences.
– Independent consultants who are actually self-employed or those who function as employees of the staffing firms.
– Information technology security consulting individuals.
There are also a lot of reasons why some consultants are called in, and here they are:
– In order to gain some external objective, advice and recommendations as well.
– In order to gain access to the consultants’ specialized expertise.
– Some temporary help during a one-time project where the actual hiring of permanent employees is not actually necessary.
– In order to outsource parts of even all of IT (information technology) services from a specific company.
Here are some major obstacles faced by them and some prerequisites as well.
– Business process and even system design.
– Project planning and scooping as well.
– The support and management of projects.